I really do … I know , please , my feminist sisters don’t jump down my throat , yes I am a woman but I am sorry I love being a girl. Not a female. Not a woman. A girl. I love the feminine loveliness, the soft, the sweet. I love being a female , yes , but when I get ready and have the makeup and the hair , cutsie poo and the sexy sensual beautiful things that I have and look in the mirror and I am truly feeling myself , I think , I love being a girl.
My proclamation is just that. I want to be allowed to be happy that I am a girl. I have a male friend that tries to throw lugs about women because of his own insecurities, about not having to do his hair, or not having to wear makeup. For the record, there are many men that are girls as well, and I am not just talking about being gay. Usher, the metro-sexual, and just your plain old pretty boys. And there are women that just don’t wear makeup and girlie clothes. SO… rude statement naturalized … but for those of us , like myself, who enjoy it , I also counter that I am not stuck with the woman I wake up to . I can sometimes suffer insomnia. When you go to sleep at 4 to wake up at 6, the women in the mirror at 6 looks like … how do I say this … death warmed over, twice. When I walk out to people saying “you look rested”, ha-ha, I win!
I am a woman, smart, articulate, funny… umm…modest. I am also a girl, bubbly, and silly, unbearably cute …ummm…modest. Both are sides to me. They are parts that make me, me. They are the things that captivate those who know me into believing that the insecure pile of jello that I can be is this confidant grown up finally, and giving up my girl would not help, but hinder that. If I had to stop having a crush on Tom Hardy, if I had to never go see another Comic book movie alone ( yes I said alone ) , If I had to stop squealing when something made me really happy I would be diminished , my I would be smaller.
I think sometimes we are so quick to cast off out child self, not childish but child self, that we forget how to play, how to fun, how to dance like no one is watching, how to love a celebrity like we know them (not the crazy fanatic thing where we carve their names into our body, that is a sick child self and needs riddelin) just because they are awesome, and we lose the joy that was once inherent to our very nature. I realize that my girl and I are codependent as hell, we need each other. She lets me write and I let her scream for joy in the middle of the store when she finds out Kelsey Grammar is playing Beast , my favorite X men character of all, in the middle of a store ( true story) .
I leave this long rambling prose with the following. Find your inner girl, or boy. I suggest Lego’s, they freaking LOVE Lego’s.
- “I Hate When Girls Wear Makeup” Response (msjasg.wordpress.com)
- GoldieBlox? No thanks. (braintofingers.wordpress.com)
- Girl Toys and Girly Play (naomikritzer.wordpress.com)
- ‘I Prefer A Girl Who Reads’: This Guy Dedicates A Poem To Girls Who Are More Than T&A (Video) (elitedaily.com)
- Lego – can it get any better…. oh yes it wheely can! (cripticthoughts.wordpress.com)
- Girly communication: Marketing from girls to women (globalnews.ca)
- The Issue with “Lego Friends” (tsutsujigirl.wordpress.com)
- Little Girl Tell Me…Woman What Happens? (ndlovukaziyathulisa.wordpress.com)
- Classic Masterpieces Pixelated with LEGO (english.mashkulture.net)
- CKLC #9: Build a Lego Hat (amomwithalessonplan.com)