I drowning in nostalgia. Everything in this area so familiar , so known. I’ll look around in a lot of the streets, and I see things .
All of these things , great things like the tire on interstate 94, the Renaissance Center in downtown Detroit, and small things like Coney Island, natural casting hot dogs, White Castle, are things that I miss when I’m in Texas.
These are the things , just is known, that I do not miss when I’m away. the utter ruin of Detroit buildings, homes burned out, bombed out , and whole neighborhoods completely destroyed. I drove through some of my own former neighborhoods. Sadness fills me whenever I am in the area. Beautiful architecture, left in ruins. I hate to witness what Detroit is becoming. I hate to see what Detroit has become.
- Art Deco Detroit : The Guardian Building (diditravels.wordpress.com)
- RNC Chairman Reince Priebus visits Detroit, wants to build ‘block-by-block’ GOP outreach (mlive.com)
- Video: Water flows through Detroit’s vacant buildings (theprovince.com)
- GM Renaissance Center Sends No Waste to Landfill (prnewswire.com)
- GM’s Detroit Headquarters Goes Landfill-Free (detroit.cbslocal.com)
- Detroit building with hazardous materials catches fire (foxnews.com)
- Detroit Building Fire Prompts Home, Business Evacuations (detroit.cbslocal.com)
- Urban Freestyle Skiing In Detroit’s Ruins (mixedusage.wordpress.com)
- DDA approves contract to study reconfiguring I-375 (crainsdetroit.com)