What makes me more , what makes me try everyday to do something that is hard, something that is unexpected and to some , absolutely odd. I want to be an author more than almost anything. I don’t want much, just to be god , at least to the people whose world I create in my head and then give to you, to the world. Why would anyone want to do this? Money? sure . I mean some of the wealthiest working artists are writers. Tom Clancy, Stephen King and James Patterson are all Millionaires many times over , J.K. Rowling is a Billionaire and the wealthiest private citizen in Britain. But then again . Melville died a largely uncelebrated, Authors have a higher than average amount of drug , alcohol and self abuse , many of your favorite books are written by people that committed suicide. So why?
I don’t think I have any choice in the matter. At times , as I have said here, there have been times when I felt disconnected to the world and only writing made me feel connected. The times when I live in my head, the times when I argue with, make love to , shoot and kill , and run and die alone , because they are all me , all the charecters , are the things that make me feel. That is … all.
- JK Rowling (finalprojectgwst.wordpress.com)
- Time is(n’t) on your side (tobiasmastgrave.wordpress.com)
- Remembering Tom Clancy. (thatgeekwithglasses.wordpress.com)
- A Success Story : J.k. Rowling (kiranspeaksheart.wordpress.com)
- Think and Grow Rich by Writing (robertjrgraham.com)
- Motivational Quotes to Brighten Your Day! (free-toddlers-activity-and-discipline-guide.com)
- What motivates us? (thethinkerists.wordpress.com)
- On Writing: Purpose & Ego (entropy.wordpress.com)
- Passion vs Money – Your motivator for work (workfactors.wordpress.com)
- They Say, I Say Ch. 12: “What’s Motivating This Writier?” (adventurousothers.wordpress.com)